My biography. Let me highlight my experiences which are valuable for BTF Consulting's business by blue bold.
- Mar. 1981: Graduated Tokyo University of Science, Applied Mathematics in Faculty of Science (bachelor)
- Apr. 1981: Joined MEIDENSHA Corporation, belonged to Information Systems division, engaged in developing/maintaining accounting, production control, business management systems - Experienced accounting, product control, business management processes in terms of systems
- Dec. 1984: Retired from MEIDENSHA Corp.
- Jan. 1985: Joined IBM Japan
- 1985 - 1987: Engaged in product planning of small products such as teller machines for banking branch office - Experienced IBM's product planning processes
- 1987-1989: Engaged in designing/developing/testing/delivering of firmware of the small products for banking branch office at Yamato Lab. (Development Lab.) - Experienced a set of IBM's product developing processes
- 1989-1990: Had an assignment in Boeblingen Lab. in West Germany, and engaged in realizing requirements from Shanghai Bank by designing, developing, testing firmware of ATM (Automated Teller Machine) - Experienced logical ways of working/collaborating and cross-cultural communication
- 1990-1993: Returned to Yamato Lab., and engaged in designing, developing, testing software of small products for banking branch office - Experienced that logical ways of working/collaborating and communication worked in Japan which I experienced in Germany
- 1993-1995: Moved to sales and marketing division, and engaged in start-up businesses (sales support of software development support tools, development of accounting system of PC online service, etc.) - Experienced IBM's sales and marketing processes
- 1995-1998: Moved to internal IT department, and engaged in study project of future fulfillment system - Became keenly aware of importance of pursuing real nature
- 1998-2000: Engaged in PMO (Project Management Office) for e.g. year 2000 problem - Experienced project management
- 2000-2008: Engaged in deployment of internal global applications not only in Japan but also AP geography (applications mainly for sales e.g. customer relationship management, request/approval for pricing, etc.) - Engaged in deployment of global applications from technical perspective as IT architect
- 2008-2018: Engaged in deploying and adopting global applications in Japan (representative example is an application for pricing approval - sales requests for approval, reviewers/approvers reviews/approves or rejects) - As Adoption and Change Business Design Consultant, and as Japan leader in CIO organization, I collaborated with in-country and global business stakeholders from business point of view, and I realized adoption and deployment of the application successfully. In order words, I realized change collaborating with my business stakeholders.
In this period, I practiced consulting techniques with soft skills (incl. facilitation) and agile way of working
- Nov. 2018: Retired from IBM Japan
- Jun. 2019: Started BTF Consulting as sole proprietor